General Customer Information
Waste Pro Welcomes You As A New Customer!
We appreciate the opportunity to service Wakulla County.
Please have your roll out cart out by 6:00 a.m. or the night before to avoid missed service. For residents living on County and State Roads, please place your roll out cart and recycling out the night before. We will start on these roads at 4:00 a.m. to help alleviate any traffic problems caused by our trucks on these roads during rush hour.
Wakulla County Facts: What you need to know
- Waste Pro will begin service to Wakulla County (including Sopchoppy) on October 1st, 2011, which will include one time per week garbage pickup and a 96 gallon roll out cart provided to each resident. For customers unable to handle a 96 gallon roll out cart, we also have a smaller 64 gallon cart available at no additional charge.
- Waste Pro will provide one time per week recycling pickup and an 18 gallon bin. An additional bin will be provided at no charge, if needed, upon request. Recycling pickup will be detailed below.
- In our agreement with Wakulla County, we provide one time per quarter “on call” bulk pickup. Bulky items include such things as, furniture, bar-b-que grills, bicycles, children’s pools, and other items that may not fit into the regular carts. Due to the size of the trucks, small amounts of bulk can be put out with your weekly garbage collection. For items over two cubic yards, please call our office at (850) 561-0800 to schedule a pickup. There is a charge of $25 per cubic yard for bulk items that exceed 2 cubic yards (items larger than a refrigerator). White goods such as stoves, refrigerators, washer, and dryers, are included in your service at no additional charge. Please call our office at (850) 561-0800 to schedule a pickup of your white goods. The office will give you instructions on what day to put your white good at the road.
- When we begin service on October 1, you will see many familiar faces serving you. Waste Pro hired many of your existing solid waste folks that worked in Wakulla County. They will provide you with the world class service that you have come to expect.
- For your convenience, recycling pickup will occur on the same day as your garbage pickup.
- Typical items that can be recycled are, tin and aluminum, numbers 1 – 7 plastics, and glass bottles and jars. In addition, we accept the following paper based products: newspaper, paper (non-confidential), magazines/catalogs, telephone books, brown paper grocery bags, and corrugated cardboard.
- Please have your cardboard boxes broken down and/or cut up no larger than 18 in. sq. for ease of collection. Automobile and household batteries can be recycled at the Wakulla Transfer Station, in addition to used oil products. The hours of operation at the transfer facility are 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. on Friday, and 8:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. on Saturday. Items not accepted include: styrofoam products (such as peanuts) and plastic grocery bags.
- Please feel free to call our office should you have a question about acceptable items. Additional bins are available upon request at no additional charge.
Waste Pro observes Thanksgiving, Christmas, and New Year’s Day. If your service day falls on or after a holiday, we will provide pick-up the next day. The following is the holiday schedule for the remainder of 2011:
- Thanksgiving – 11/24 (Thursday) pick up will be on Friday and Friday pickup will be on Saturday.
- Christmas – 12/25 (Sunday) No Change
- New Year’s – 1/1 (Sunday) No Change